Monday 20 June 2016

The Girl With No Past by Kathryn Croft -Book Review-

The Girl With No Past Book Review
 
"A gripping psychological thriller for fans of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train.

Leah Mills lives a life of a fugitive – kept on the run by one terrible day from her past. It is a lonely life, without a social life or friends until – longing for a connection – she meets Julian. For the first time she dares to believe she can live a normal life.

Then, on the fourteenth anniversary of that day, she receives a card. Someone knows the truth about what happened. Someone who won’t stop until they’ve destroyed the life Leah has created.

But is Leah all she seems? Or does she deserve everything she gets?

Everyone has secrets. But some are deadly." 
 
Leah tries to forget her past and tries to live. She goes to work every day in the library and comes home to her flat that's full of books. Leah has no social life and with no friends and hardly any family, she never really has much company, it's a lonely life.  She meets Julian on a dating website and seems to really like him. She also has her work collogue and meets a man 'Ben' who she becomes quite good friends with. Leah ends up being stalked by someone in her past. Someone who knows the truth about her, someone who knows the REAL her. Her stalker will not stop until they've destroyed Leahs life. 
Who is her stalker? What do they want? What's digging up the past going to achieve? 
 
This book was fairly easy to read. The first part of the book was slightly off putting because I had to keep going over paragraphs but I think I just had too many distractions going on. Towards to end of the book, I found it a page turner with some twists and turns a long the way! It kept me in suspense and I couldn't wait to find out about Leah's past and what was so terrible! I didn't see the end coming at all! I was quite shocked! Overall this is a great book. I would have read it a whole look quicker if I hadn't of had so many distractions going on. 
I'd rate this 3.5 our of 5 stars.
 
Don't forget to follow my blog on Instagram and Twitter 
 
What have you been reading lately? 
 
Sarah xXx

1 comment :

  1. I love a good thriller, especially one about secrets as they are like book bait for me! And I think sometimes thrillers are tricky at the beginning too as you are trying to take so much in. Good to know it shocked you and held your attention. Going to add it to my TBR :)

    ReplyDelete