Wednesday 3 August 2016

Reading Habbits - Tag.

I've seen this tag a couple of times and thought I'd join in and jump on the band wagon. Here are my answers :) 

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
 I love to read in bed at night time but honestly, I'll read anywhere! I find I read better when the house is quiet and the kids are tucked in bed though.

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I actually printed some book marks from pinterest and have been using those but before that, I'd use whatever was closest to me! I was using an artificial flower for the longest time.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter/ a certain amount of pages?
I have to ALWAYS finish on an even page, I know that sounds weird but I just can not stop reading if the page is an odd number. Is that weird? I try to finish at the end of a chapter if and when I can.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I've never even thought about it, haha. I don't eat usually. I do drink water though.

5. Multitasking: Music or TV while reading?
None. I can't multi task when it comes to reading. I like to be focused on the book and story I'm reading. I don't mind having the T.V on in the background though.



6. One book at a time or several at once?
Usually one at a time but I have two on the go at the moment! I'm struggling with 'The Sisters' I don't really know why. Hopefully I'll get into that one soon.

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere!! I read on the bus a lot.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head. I don't like reading out loud.

9. Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Rarely do I skip pages or read ahead. If there's a part in the book that's too graphic, I'll skip that part. I have skipped a head in a couple of books just because I found it boring. This rarely happens though!

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
 I have to keep it new!! I have quite a few books where the spine is broken in but those have been second hand and are well loved. I still love them just as much but if I buy a book brand new, I do try to keep it new :)

11. Do you write in your books?
Nope. I have no need to write in my books. Actually that might be a slight pet peeve. I can't stand writing in books. If I feel the need to make notes, I write in a notepad but I do understand why some people (students!) need to write in books.

So there's my book tag post! I tag anyone who hasn't done this tag and wants to do it :)

Sarah xXx

1 comment :

  1. Love this! Might even steal it. ;) Only thing that was different was that I adore highlighting and making notes in my book so when I pass them along to my friends they can add to it and so on!

    ReplyDelete